Thursday, January 9, 2014

End of year finishes

It's never too late. So I ended 2013 with some finished quilts. 

Firstly I finished my layer cake lemonade quilt. It's now gone to its new home just prior to the end of the year. 

The top. 


The back and quilting. I love quilting on my Janome Horizon. 


Secondly, I completed a twin set. I made 2 quilts with 1 layer cake and some black solid fabric. All in my stash. I even found backing and binding too. I quilted using wavy lines in variegated blue Aurifil thread. They measured a good lap size just right to top a single bed or to snuggle with. 


I'm very proud and my little girl was happy to give the quilts as birthday gifts. The recipients loves their presents too. 




1 comment:

  1. Some nice finishes, Kylie. I like the way the blocks are off-set with the black. Looks like the squares are floating. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to see what people write. Please leave me a comment.